Street Date: November 18, 2022
Product Code: GGLVA002
Manufactured in: China
Product Dimensions: 8 x 3.27 x 4.37 in.
Product Weight: 1.7 lbs.
Case Quantity: 12
Case Dimensions: 13.86 x 13.7 x 8.98 in.
Case Weight: 21 lbs.
Players: 2+ • Playing Time: 30 - 60 • Age: 13+
Enjoy everything Varia Season 2 has to offer! This is a standalone game but can be combined with the Varia Starter Set and other Varia products.
This item ships with one copy of each class deck from season 2 and includes one of each of the following:
- Deathblood Sorcerer Class Deck
- Phoenix Spellsword Class Deck
- Moonlit Cleric Class Deck
- Stoneroot Druid Class Deck
- Psychic Fencer Class Deck
- 4th Blade Class Deck
- Boreal Ranger Class Deck
Varia is a card & dice dueling game where players select from one of two fantasy-themed classes - Volcanic Warrior or Shadow Assassin. Players take turns planning out a course of action before rolling dice to see whose tactics come out on top. by using a combination of weapons, armor and cards in hand, players concoct a plan of attack (or response to an incoming attack) each turn. The goal is to knock the other player's health points to zero through clever card combinations, while simultaneously preventing your own defeat by planning tactical defensive moves.
Gameplay is divided into two major phases:
The planning phase sees players laying out their actions for the turn, which represent attacks and blocks that the players will perform.
The resolution phase has players rolling combinations of dice as dictated by the cards they played in the planning phase in order to determine what attacks hit or miss, and what damage (if any) is dealt or avoided.
What makes Varia unique is:
- Variance in card performance via introduction of dice.
- Distance mechanic that creates immersive ranged combat.
- No resource in deck. Players have equal resources each turn.
- No minions/summons/creatures. Every card represents something done to a player by a player.